Monday, July 5, 2010

Tokyo Disneyland

Mickey Mouse Flower Arrangement at the main entrance


The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh


Toon Town



At Splash Mountain ride with cute Japanese girls


It's a Small World


Cute Japanese girls wearing the minnie mouse headbands at Critter Country



Cinderella's Castle

Toon Town


Toon Town
----------------------------------------

TOKYO DISNEYLAND


Sorry for not updating my posts for the past few weeks, I was so busy lately I took vacation and we went to Tokyo 2 weeks ago.

I'm sharing my first batch of pictures in Tokyo Disneyland although this was my fourth day in Tokyo, I'm more excited to post these pictures here than any other places we've been to, well what can I say, it's the happiest place on earth! hehehe.

When we got there it was almost 1:30pm (because we re so tired walking around Asakusa and Odaiba before that day)and it was raining so hard. At first we were thinking of getting back to our hotel because of the heavy rain but then we decided to still try our luck. We even bought 4 umbrellas at the Maihama train station otherwise we would all be wet. Hmmm the price wasn't that expensive, 500 yen for each umbrella (~$5).

We first went to Tomorrow land, although it was raining hard, a lot of people were still waiting in line, it was a long line in every show and ride we saw. No more "fast pass" available.... that means we really have to fall in line. The first ride we went to was the Buzz Light year ride since I have a 9 year old son who loves Toy Story, we waited for an hour. I wasn't able to take some pictures in Tomorrwland because my camera will get wet and besides I'm carrying my umbrella and my handbag too hehehe. It was nice to see Japanese people wearing mickey/minnie mouse raincoats and mickey/minnie mouse headbands.

Around 4pm, the sun cooperated, it dried up the roads and we're enjoying the sun! I was able to take pictures after that hehehe.

We didn't try to go to any shows since we won't be able to understand them, they're in Japanese anyways hehehe. There was an electrical parade but they canceled the fireworks because of the weather, it was too cloudy though it didn't rain.

Enough of that pictures, I will post more, don't worry it won't take that long.

5 comments:

Mari said...

The Japanese people are really into Disney characters wearing their get-ups. You got some nice photos. Geez, this reminds me, I haven't been to Disneyland here in Anaheim, CA. for a long time. Nagmamahal na habang nagtatagal. LOL

Joy said...

You always manage to catch the most interesting snaps. So did Mickey Mouse speak Japanese?

Thank you for your well wishes on Norwich Daily Photo's 3rd birthday. Here's to another great year of photos.

Missy said...

Mari- my last visit in Disneyland in Anaheim was 2003, it's been 7 years now. We used to visit Disneyland every year when we were stationed in LA Air Force Base. Well if you have no kids there's no reason to visit there unless you have visitors.

Joy- I think Mickey Mouse speaks Japanese otherwise the Japanese people will not understand him hehehe

bertN said...

Come to think of it, I haven't been to Anaheim Disneyland in 15 years and I'm only 10 miles away! I think I'll tag along with my grandchildren next time. Thanks to your post about Tokyo Disneyland which I'm hoping to see in the future.

Missy said...

BertN- we tend to not try the places that we are close by hehehe or maybe there's no reason to go to Disneyland hehehe, but Bert you should go there with your grandkids...remember it's the happiest place on earth hehehe