Ichou Park is in Momoishi Village in Oirase Town, Japan. As the town shares same latitude as New York City (Lat.40' 40" N), the Statue of Liberty was put in the park and is the highest of all the Statue of Liberties in Japan. The size is 11.5 meters high, 1/4 of the original size in New York and is lighted up at night, adding a fantastic atmosphere.
Directions: (using back road)
- From POL gate, go straight until you see Universe Grocery Store, make a left on this Universe intersection.
- Go straight, you will pass Eneos gas station on your left side and then pass Family Mart on your right side. Make a right turn when you see the Lawson Store on your right hand side. You will see the sign board, to Aeon Mall.
- You will drive straight and pass rice fields (7-10 minute drive from Lawson) until you see the Shimoda Mall or Jusco Mall
- Make a left turn on the traffic light before the traffic light intersection on going to Shimoda mall.
- Go straight and make a left on the T-intersection.
- Make a right turn when you see the Lawson Store on your right hand side.
- Go straight and follow the direction on the signboard "Ichou Park", you will see on your left side the statue of liberty just follow the road leading to that park.
From Shimoda Mall or Jusco: (From the front side or main road)
- Travel out to the main road of Shimoda Mall not on the back road. The main road is can be seen when you are coming out from the main entrance of the mall or from mister donut store side. Get off from the parking lot, make a left turn first and another left turn to hit the main road. You will pass Giga outlet (on your left side) as soon as you make a left.
- Make a left turn on the traffic light after you pass Giga Outlet.
- Go straight, make a right turn on the first traffic light.
- Follow no. 5 to 7 directions above.