Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Zoobic Safari, Subic Philippines


Subic, Philippines- Oct. 4, 2010


During our vacation in the Philippines, few days before we left, we went to Zoobic Safari in Subic Zambales, Oct 4, 2010. It was a 3 hour drive from Quezon City or maybe 4 or 5 hours if you get stuck in the traffic ;-). Zoobic is located in Subic Bay Freeport Zone formerly known as the US Naval Base, Subic Bay. Subic Base was the largest U.S. Navy installation in the Pacific and was the largest overseas military installation of the United States Armed Forces after Clark Air Base in Angeles City was closed in 1991. It took us 20 minutes to get to this location just from the main gate of the Subic base.


The entrance where we seated for 10minutes while waiting for the tourist guide's instructions prior to our trip inside the zoobic safari


While waiting I read this sign in front of the white tiger's cage




And this is below the sign, the white tiger walking around his cage ;-)



This is where you can take a souvenir photo with this tiger, we didn't take the chance, we're all scared to try hahaha



The tram that takes you to the Tiger Safari, you have the option to ride this tram and pay I think 50 pesos per person (~$1) or just drive your own vehicle. Well, since it was too hot that day we opted to stay in our van hehehe and followed the tram


Another tram, this is the one we followed up to the Tiger's Safari


This is the jeepney that we rode and we drove around the Tiger Safari and saw Siberian Tiger, that day there was only one tiger showed up since all were in the cage maybe due to the hot weather or maybe they were full already hehehe



I paid 200 pesos (~$4) to feed the tiger with the chicken by our trained guide


I was 1 foot apart from the tiger's mouth hehehe, so scared....after the tiger ate some part of the chicken our guide threw the chicken on top of our jeepney and the tiger jumped on it so he was on top of us during our tour hehehe I wish I was able to take the picture of it



This is the sleeping tiger inside the cage, we went to their cages...that's why not a lot of tigers showed up they're all sleeping hehehe...I took this photo in between the rails of the cage


Another tigers! You should be outside!!


"Ostrich, where's your head??" hehehe


wild boars and sheep during our Savannah tour



the camel is so friendly he even posed with my nephew hahaha



Albino Carabao- carabao (water buffalo subspecies) is the national animal of the Philippines

Carabaos are associated with farmers, being the farm animal helper to sow and plow rice and vegetables but albino carabaos can't do this, they can't stand the heat of the sun (lucky you albino! just stay in the zoo hehehe)


Our english speaking tour guide with rodent world sign, well done bro!



Philippine eagle owl....wait I can't see its eyes! I didn't know that owl can turn its head up to 180 degrees that's why its head is facing the back hehehe



And then the owl turned its head facing me ;-)


My son feeding the love birds



We saw these monkeys along the road while we were driving inside the Subic base going to Zoobic Safari, we stopped for awhile just to take pictures

5 comments:

Photo Cache said...

I wouldn't find the courage to come that close to a tiger, much less put something in its mouth :)

I have heard so many good things about Zoobic. Good to know that they made good use of the old facilities.

Reena said...

huli kong punta sa subic was college pa. ang dami na sigurong nadagdag sa zoobic na yan.

pero napanuod ko yan lately sa teleserye. hahaa. jan yunbg setting ng isang scene sa noah featuring papa piolo pascual. hahaha

Joy said...

How very interesting! I love tigers and I would have loved to have a photo taken with them. Were you allowed to pet them?

Have a great start to your week!

Many thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comment. Come visit again tomorrow!

bertN said...

I'll have to drink a lot (and I don't mean water) before I can muster the courage to have a picture taken of me with a tiger on my lap or by my side.

Missy said...

photocache- It's really scary when I was in front of the tiger hehehe

Reena- that was my first time in Zoobic so I don't know how far they have changed it; oh really, they shoot Lobo here in Zoobic?

Joy- only take photo beside the cub but not petting them though hehehe

bertN- hahaha you're so funny, I didn't even try posing with the tiger too only inside the jeep while the tiger was outside