Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hirosaki Castle- Fall Season

Hirosaki Castle









------------------------------------------------------------

Hirosaki Castle, Nov 7, 2009- Last Saturday we visited the Hirosaki Castle Park to see the glorious beauty of fall foliage and the chrysanthemum festival they have. It was a lovely day even we had snow last Nov. 3, the warm weather came back after 2 days. Hirosaki is a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive from Misawa Air Base. Hirosaki Castle is very popular during Sakura or Cherry Blossom Festival.





6 comments:

RJ said...

For me, there are only two things that are very positive when the word 'fall' is used. 'Falling in love' and the 'fall season'.

I don't know, but withered, falling leaves really look beautiful and lovely! o",)

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

We're pretty much on the same latitude - I love autumn!

Missy said...

RJ- yes, you are correct falling in love and fall season, what a nice one doc Rj. I've just started to appreciate the fall season here because of the fall colors.

Nomadic- yes we're on the same latitude and pretty much the same weather huh? ;-)

bertN said...

The photo you took of the Hirosaki Castle reminded me of the Osaka Castle I visited eons ago. Maybe my memory is so fogged up with years gone by I'm starting to hallucinate LOL.

Missy said...

bert- actually the Japanese castles look similar, when we went inside the Hirosaki castle which is the museum I saw some pictures of different castles from different places in Japan and they look the same, I can't identify which one is the Hirosaki one hehehe

Lorena G. Sims said...

OMG! so beautiful. Love the pictures