Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Patch, Puyallup

pumpkin2

Pumpkin Patch at Picha's Farm



pumpkin13

Hayride


pumpkin1

Scarecrow and bunch of pumpkins ready for pick up



pumpkin12

Different Kinds of Squash




pumpkin11

Corn Maze




pumpkin10




pumpkin9




pumpkin8




pumpkin7

Haystacks and the Pumpkins



pumpkin6

We had a family picture here



pumpkin5

Wow Big Squash!



pumpkin4

Pumpkins


pumpkin3

Picha's Farm


------------------------------------------------------------

Pumpkin Patch


Last Saturday, Oct. 29 was bright and sunny and I thought it was the right time to see a pumpkin patch, it's been gloomy and rainy for the past few days and even weekends and so that day I was so excited to drive around again. I haven't seen a pumpkin patch before but I heard a lot of things about that and I was so curious to bring my children there, at the same time I'll have the chance to take pictures. I just googled pumpkin patch and came out from my search that there's one place close by our house, the Picha's Farm.

We had our late lunch at around 1:30pm in a Thai Restaurant and after that we headed straight to the farm. It took us only 15 minutes to get there. It's a bit muddy due to it rained the whole Friday.

We bought kettle popcorn but didn't buy any pumpkins, I don't know how to make a pumpkin pie ;-) and I don't make a jack-o-lantern too hehehe, so we just went there just to see and check the pumpkin patch and take pictures as our souvenir and for my travel blog hehehe. My son didn't try the corn maze since it so muddy and the farm was closing already.

We enjoyed going to Picha's Farm and we'll probably go back there when it's strawberry season. My children love strawberries. I hope to go back there.....soon!









8 comments:

aurbie said...

Welcome back, Missy. Glad you stopped in. As you can see, I did not do my usual Halloween pumpkin package, mainly because I had to shoot those things when I worked for the newspaper. Easy is better now that I am retired. I love your photos, and I know a photo editor would have loved to have put them in a web extra. You captured the season beautifully. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

BTW, I popped in last night to make a post and wish you Happy Halloween, but my Iphone was not cooperating with the comments section. Must have been the gremlins.

Photo Cache said...

I've never been to a pumpkin patch. I'd love to take photos of all the interesting things inside a pumpkin patch.

Missy said...

Patty- thanks for dropping by ;-) I hope you enjoyed your halloween ;-)

Photo Cache- you should try sometime, it's fun

docgelo said...

uber cute these huge pumpkins! (does that make any sense? hehe)...

ilang kilo kaya ang isang pumpkin? i can make a lot from one --pumpkin soup, guinataang kalabasa with prawns, and what else? of course, yung carving with candle inside for halloween! *nangarap daw ako e ang liliit ng mga kalabasa dito, parang gusto kong gawaran ng kalabasa award! :)

Missy said...

docgelo- actually I haven't asked how much the pumpkin was hahaha, we didn't buy any and I haven't tried the pumpkin soup yet hehehe. Ohhh you want to make the jack-o-lantern, too bad I didn't know how to make one lol

Pinay Travel Junkie said...

I've never been to a pumpkin patch either! Too bad we missed Halloween in U.S. :(

Missy said...

Pinay Travel Junkie- you're still lucky coz you're in the Philippines ;-) just try to visit US then during Halloween hehehe

KL'ians said...

http://kliansclan.blogspot.com/
have you been to KL malaysia? well you should. =)