Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival 2010

Sakura (cherry blossom)


another cherry blossom


"Weeping" Cherry Blossoms (but not fully bloomed yet)


Hirosaki Castle view (see the cherry blossoms were not fully bloomed), young teenagers were playing cards along the side of the road ;-)




------------------------------------------------------

Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival (April 23 to May 5, 2010)

These photos were taken last April 24, 2010 when we went to Hirosaki Cherry Blossom Festival. We signed up for the ITT (Information, Tickets and Travel) Trip on base for this festival 2 months prior this date just to get seats (and so as not to drive up there). Usually this trip is sold out fast, so I bought the tickets during the first day of sale and we got on the 3rd bus already. Unfortunately we didn't know what would be the weather this day......the cherry blossoms were not fully bloomed yet. This year the spring is so late and same with the cherry blossoms. Last year, we went to Hirosaki same week as this date (last week of April) and the cherry blossoms were everywhere, pretty nice. You really can't predict the weather.

Luckily, I found 2 (out of 2,600) cherry blossoms tree which were "quite" bloomed so I took the pictures (first and second photos)....at least I saw some ;-)

The festival for this year started April 23 and ends May 5.

If you want to see my last year's photos in Hirosaki Festival, just click this.... "click" . It would be the same view anyway but different year hehehe.

I will post more pictures when I have time.

Wait...I wasn't joking when I said I found 2 trees.....here's the photo.










9 comments:

GingerV said...

now that I see you are visiting the FSOs again does that mean you are coming back. Your first two shots are what I am always trying to accomplish and always fall short. We would LOVE it if you joined us again. you saw that all you have to do is go to MrMckLinky and put in the post address and your back with us.... course this week is 'things I like to touch' which is hard to connect to your town.... but thats the challenge.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. It is things like this that I miss the most about Japan.

I am trying to add things to http://sendai-shi.blogspot.com/ blog from the old days when we were over there, but at my age it is slow going.

Mari said...

Springtime brings forth lovely flowers. I love the close-up of the first two.

You know, I have a Japanese friend that I always go gallivanting with. If ever she moves back to Japan, I'll miss her.

Thanks for your visit to my blog.

Missy said...

HI GingerV- I don't think I can catch up with the Friday Shoot Out again but I would love to join if I have time ;-)

A-choo- I like your new name now LOL, you should try visit Misawa again hehehe

Mari- thanks also for dropping by

Januskiez- thanks for visitng my blog

bertN said...

Is it fair to say, it is all cherry and no blossom LOL. Enjoyment is all in the mind.

I once drove with some friends for 24 hours to go fishing at a reputed fishing heaven. It was cloudy,cold,and we did not catch a single fish. The trip was not a disaster, we had fun although the fish we were after where vacationing in Hawaii and laughing their heart out at us.

Missy said...

BertN- that was funny!! All the fish were enjoying the hot weather in Hawaii hahaha. You are right, cherry with no blossom. Even when they blossomed after that trip they didn't last long because of the wind and rain we had last week and even now. We didn't enjoy much of the cherry blossom this year.

Joy said...

Great shots of the blossom! Weather seems to be perfect over there.

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comment. Come visit again.

Joy said...

That's really lovely cherry blossom. I enjoyed a few trees with them for a while, but missed many which really had lovelier blossom in previous years.

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comment. Come visit again.

Missy said...

Joy- thanks, we didn't enjoy much of the cherry blossoms here this year due to the strong wind we had during the cherry "full" blossoms ;-)