- I always buy vegetables and fruits at the farmer's market right across the Veedol Plaza or the Super City Asahi or whatever they call it :-)
- Everything over there is so cheap and that's why I buy a lot of fruits for my kids. One time, my friend and I bought 4 pieces of big cabbage for just 100 yen (~$1) so we shared the cabbage I got 2 pcs and she got 2 too only for 50 yen (hahaha I know it's simple math just to make it clear) . Onions for 500yen for 18pcs. I think it's better if you shop with your friends so you can buy/share with them.
- The persimmon is not that cheap compared to California's and after a week the persimmon got a lot cheaper in Veedol plaza, 8pcs for 280 yen, maybe when they were selling these they're not in season yet.
- First picture is persimmon fruits
- Second Picture is apples
- Third Picture is the Farmer's Market Place right across Veedol Plaza
Directions: Coming from POL gate only, I live off-base and I'm not familiar coming from the main gate.
- From POL gate go straight and you will pass Lawson, Asahi Super Drug, make a right when you see Universe on the corner of the street. Universe is on the left.
- Go straight, you will pass McDonald's.
- You will see on your right side is the "Super City Asahi" sign.
- Make a right on this stop light.
- Parking lot is on your left and the Farmer's Market is on your left too. Across this parking lot is the Super City Asahi or Veedol Plaza.